Dear Students, Parents and Carers
I hope you have a good enjoyable summer break are looking forward to the start of term. I thought it might be helpful if you had some useful information prior to next week.
Please refer to the letter Ms Hawkin sent out recently with regards to the dates for Covid testing. It is really important that consent is given, please see Ms Hawkin’s letter with regards to this.
Normal lessons will start on Tuesday 7th September. Students need to be in school for 8.25am at the latest as lessons start at 8.30am. Lessons finish at 3.05pm.
Other useful information.
- The Year 13 Parents Evening will take place on Thursday 14th October. This is an opportunity for parents and carers to discuss student progress with subject staff.
- Year 13 Mock Exams will take place week beginning 6th December 2021 and week beginning 14th March 2022.
- Final Year 13 external A Level and Vocational Examinations are due to start week beginning 9th May 2022.
- To help with a positive start to term, just a reminder about our dress code. We have a smart casual dress code in the 6th form which means; jeans, hoodies, jumpers, polo shirts, t-shirts, blouse, appropriate knee length skirts etc are all fine. We do not allow cropped tops, t-shirts with offensive slogans, ripped jeans, joggers etc or hair colours that have been dyed an unnatural shade e.g orange, blue, green etc.
- Please note to the change in policy with regards to mobile phones. Mobile phones should remain in bags during lessons and private study sessions unless the member staff gives permission. Students can use mobile phones at break and lunch time. This is different from the approach in the 11-16 part of the school.
- Students must remain on school premises at break and lunchtime.
- Please remember to bring all the correct equipment with you e.g folder with a pencil case etc A pad of lined paper is also useful, but staff will provide paper where appropriate.
- Timetables will be given out at the start of term. Please note that we will need to adapt timetables during the first half term to add private study sessions or enrichment activities. Therefore, please do not book fixed times for driving lessons etc during school hours.
- Students should speak to form tutors in the first instance where any issues arise. Mrs Robinson and Mrs Crickett (6th Form Pastoral Tutors) are also available most days from 8.30am until 4pm.
The sixth form staff will be back in school from Wednesday 1st September to answer any queries.
We look forward to seeing you all next week.