Dear Students, Parents and Carers
I hope you have a good enjoyable summer break are looking forward to the start of term. I thought it might be helpful if you had some useful information prior to next week.
Please refer to the letter Ms Hawkin sent out recently with regards to the dates for Covid testing. It is really important that consent is given, please see Ms Hawkin’s letter with regards to this. Please note times for photos and biometrics on Thursday 2nd September.
The Year 12 Induction sessions will take place on Friday 3rd September from 9.30am until 2pm, please note a change to the finishing time. During these sessions students will receive information about our expectations, how the 6th form operates as well other key bits of information and timetables etc. There is also an opportunity to meet form groups. There will be no subject lessons during this day.
Normal lessons will start on Tuesday 7th September. Students need to be in school for 8.25am at the latest as lessons start at 8.30am. Lessons finish at 3.05pm.
Other useful information.
- Students can change subjects until Tuesday 28th September. Following this student’s must continue with all subjects during their 2 years in the Sixth Form. Please note staff will assess students with in-class assessments during the first 3 weeks in September. We may require students to change subjects where significant concerns are raised.
- The Year 12 Tutor Evening will take place on Thursday 23rd September. This is an opportunity for parents and carers to discuss how students have settled into the sixth form with form tutors.
- The Year 12 Parents Evening will take place on Thursday 14th July. This is an opportunity for parents and carers to discuss student progress with subject staff.
- Year 12 End of Year Assessments will take place week beginning 20th June 2022.
- There is no uniform in the Sixth Form, but we do have a dress code, more information on this will be given during the induction sessions. To help with a positive start to term, smart casual means; jeans, hoodies, jumpers, polo shirts, t-shirts, blouse, appropriate knee length skirts etc are all fine. We do not allow cropped tops, t-shirts with offensive slogans, ripped jeans, joggers or hair colours that have been dyed an unnatural shade e.g orange, blue, green etc.
- Mobile phones should remain in bags during all lessons and private study sessions unless the member staff gives permission. Students can use mobile phones at break and lunch time. Please note this is different from the approach in the 11-16 part of the school.
- Students must remain on school premises at break and lunchtime. Hot and cold food and drinks can be purchased in the Bistro and many students bring packed lunches.
- Students should bring a folder with a pencil case with the usual equipment with them. A pad of lined paper is also useful, but staff will provide paper where appropriate.
- Timetables will be given out at the start of term. Please note that we will need to adapt timetables during the first half term to add private study session or enrichment activities. Therefore, please do not book fixed times for driving lessons etc during school hours.
- Students should speak to form tutors in the first instance where any issues arise. Mrs Robinson and Mrs Crickett (6th Form Pastoral Tutors) are also available most days from 8.30am until 4pm.
The sixth form staff will be back in school from Wednesday 1st September to answer any queries.
We look forward to seeing you all next week.