Report by Erin Kirkbride 7SBL
OBESITY HAS TAKEN BRITAIN BY A STORM.
Obesity has taken Britain by a storm. Over 64% of children and adults you pass on a daily basis are most likely to be obese.
We have been talking to the NHS about the situation and they said “we have found that more and more kids are coming in with type two diabetes which is caused by an unstable diet and obesity.” This proves that something needs to be done fast!!
The government have come up with many solutions but still non have resolved this problem. Our team went to three primary schools and asked all the students if they think they are overweight 72% of the kids think they are overweight leaving a very low percent of 28% of kids not. We later asked all the school nurses and they told us “as I walk around I do see a lot of obese children and I can’t help but want to help them as much as possible.” So what do you think? Do you think your children are overweight?
The government are trying to overcome this problem by encouraging adults to get their children to do more exercise and eat less fatty foods and unhealthy products that aren’t needed in the diet.
School dinners are one of the main suppliers of obesity. Many schools claim they are selling fat free and reduced salt products. But this still adds up as kids in secondary are entitled to go back and forth collecting more and more food. It’s typical for kids to enjoy junk food like pizza and chips but this all is never good for the diet.
In conclusion I think this report should’ve been addressed more frequently, and highlight the fact that kids and adults are becoming obese. Do you think more can be done?
Let’s get this problem under control and help kids to have a good life without any problems just like type two diabetes.
By Erin Kirkbride 7SBL