Train to Teach Event: Thursday 12th November, Trinity School
We are really pleased to have been asked by the National College for Teaching and Leadership to host a regional ‘Get into Teaching’ event on Thursday, 12th November, from 4.30 to 7.30pm. As lead school for the Carlisle School Direct training programme we offer a school based PGCE for both primary and secondary teaching, in conjunction with the University of Cumbria. Our partnership includes seven secondary and twenty seven primary schools and offers a high quality training programme with excellent recruitment rates. At this event we will provide information on our courses and in addition to this other local providers will be here to present what they offer. Anyone with an interest in teaching as a career is welcome to attend.
You can register your interest in attending by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
This event will give attendees the opportunity to:
- attend a presentation to find out more about the routes into teaching
- meet School Direct schools within the region, who can give more information about the places they have on the School Direct Training Programme
- meet teacher training providers from the region, who will talk about the courses they offer and their entry requirements
- hear from current teachers at all levels about their experiences, including those who have changed career to teach
- hear from current School Direct trainees about their experience of the course so far
- see some sample lessons to give a feel of what life is like in the classroom
- attend our advice zone for personalised advice from one of our experts.
More information on our courses is available on the School Direct section of our website.