Carlisle and District Music and Drama Festival
The Music department looks forward to the annual ‘Carlisle and District Music and Drama Festival’ with a sense of nervous anticipation. It is an opportunity for students to showcase their hard work and enjoy a few days of high quality music making with friends from other schools.
This year Trinity has had amazing success at the festival in both individual and ensemble classes and we are very proud of all the students who took part.
The Senior Chamber choir came 2nd in the open choir class (with a distinction mark), 1st in the sacred song class (with a distinction mark), and won a major trophy for the most inspiring choral performance of the festival for their performance in this class.
The Orchestra came 1st in the school orchestra class (with a distinction mark), and 1st in the open orchestra class with an outstanding mark of 90 – the adjudicator told our chair of Governors that Trinity’s performance was amongst the best she’s ever heard.
The chamber ensemble came 1st in the small ensembles class (with a distinction mark) and Nell Attwood, Hannah Button and Rachael Crampsey also came 1st Vocal ensemble open class (with a distinction mark).
Hannah Borlase came 1st in 2 viola classes (her age group and the open class) gaining outstanding marks of 90 and 92, For this she was also awarded the Ronmar trophy for the winner with the highest mark in any instrumental class. Hannah also came 2nd in the recital class.
- William Stuart – 1st in Boys 12-18 vocal class and he also won the Sam Bellingham Memorial Trophy for winning the Junior Singers Winners competition.
- Rachael Crampsey won the girls vocal solo 18yrs and under came 2nd in Folk song class, the Vocal solo 14 – 18yrs and
- Matthew McClure came 1st in the composition class (with a distinction mark) and Calum Taylor came 2nd in this class.
- The brass group came 2nd in the open brass ensemble class and the school choir came 2nd in the secondary choir’s class
A number of other students also had individual success including
- Niamh Bewley 2nd Violin solo 11 and 12yrs (with a distinction mark).
- Justin Borlase – 2nd Brass solo 13 and 14yrs (with a distinction mark).
- Sophie Richardson – 2nd in the Songs from the Shows 13yrs and under class (with a distinction mark).
- Sally Minnett – 2nd in the Songs from the Shows 14 – 18yrs class (with a distinction mark).
Full results can be found here https://www.carlislemusicanddrama.com/results/music-results/
For many years we have found the music festival to be a supportive environment for our students to perform their work and we would like to thank the festival committee and volunteers for all the hard work that goes into making ‘Carlisle and District Music and Drama Festival’ one of the best in the country.
NYO and NYBBS
The Music department is very proud of 2 of our students who will be working with national ensembles this year. Hannah Borlase has been invited to attend the Easter residential course of the National Youth Orchestra and Sophie Richardson will be joining the National Youth Brass Band of Scotland reserve band this summer.